- Total knee replacement
- Go home
- Start falling down
- Fall down hard enough to squish the dressing hard enough to make Hitchcockian spatter
- Get re-admitted
- Surgery to repair the open wound (looked like a watermelon with a big wedge cut out of it - I have pictures!)
- Go to the nursing home I think fondly of as Bedlam
- Develop a UTI and sepsis - hold at a LaGrange point for about 5 days (no memory except 3 little snippets) until getting back to low-Earth orbit, then touching down five days later.
- Lost 25 pounds
- After a month at Bedlam, off to the surgery center to release pressure on my cervical spinal cord.
- Weakness, numbness, and lack of range of motion, endurance, strength, and sense of touch slowly returning with physical and occupational therapy.
- Lots and lots of physical and occupational therapy.
Monday, June 13, 2022
Friday, February 11, 2022
Sunday, February 6, 2022
Wednesday, December 22, 2021
Tuesday, December 21, 2021
BUMPED for this year yet again.I'm once again posting the egg nog recipe, with a side note that started as a tweet to some friends:
Instead of brandy or burbon, this year I am using Tullamore Dew. It is far and away The Best Irish Whiskey, unlike that cursed sinn feiner (spit) Jameson's. It also makes the Best Irish Coffee evar.
OK, this is turning into a post. I'll pass it on.You have the egg nog recipe. Irish coffee below the fold.
Wednesday, December 15, 2021
Tuesday, December 7, 2021
Well, this is interesting. According to this paper, vax effectiveness starts to drop off after about 90 days.
Click on the image to read el gato malo's summary, click on the link at the bottom of the page to read the Lancet pre-print.
Read the Lancet pre-print here.
Thing is, we kinda knew this already, given the re-infection rate of the vaccinated.
I'm sticking with gin and orange juice.