Thursday, June 6, 2013

Bring it!

Back in 2003, when the Mistress of Pain and I were in the middle of playing real estate roulette, there was, for me, a particularly bad Wednesday when something yet again went south on me.  It was a relatively complex transaction, our purchase being contingent on the sale of our respective condos.  I was slipping into despair of ever seeing escrow close on the house we both really, really wanted.  Thursday, I was feeling better, and by Friday, things were cool again.

Then, Friday evening, our agent called me, to tell me that my buyer's lender had gone bankrupt.

I got this silly grin on my face, shook my head, and started laughing.  I felt like Lt. Dan, on top of the mast in storm, yelling to God "Bring it!  Is that all you got??  BRING IT!!"

The news about the NSA's PRISM program, reading the internet traffic on nine ISPs' servers has put me in the same frame of mind.  After, oh let's see (in no particular order), the AP story, Benghazi, IRS targeting conservatives, Sebelius hitting up the companies she regulates for contributions, I was feeling pretty down.  The I saw the PRISM article, and all I have to say is "Bring it!"

I can't wait to see what's next.  Should make for an interesting summer.

Go.  Read!

No comments: