Friday, March 20, 2015

Starbucks' Quiz

OK, this has been making the Twitterverse crazy today - the race questionnaire being handed out at Starbucks:


And here are my answers:

1. All her friends were human.  If by "race" you mean different cultures, Hispanic/Cuban, mostly.

2. Well, they're all human, so I guess "None".

3. I don't know. Why don't you ask her?

4. Zero. (All humans.)

5. Again, if you mean "skin color" or "culture", it was at work. I taught the cream of the Baltimore City School system (and the Maryland Penal System) when I worked in Maryland.  Connect your own dots.

6. I don't do Facebook.

7. I haven't been to anyone else's home in the past year.

8. All visitors have been humans, AFAIK.

9. See above.

10. I eat with humans, and the occasional dog or cat.

Q1 - Not far.  They taught me to be respectful of all people. Skin color never really entered into that perspective. My grandfather corrected me one day when I used the word "Jap", and at 10, I remember flinching when a relative referred to "Nigger town".

Q2 - No.  I've managed to lose contact with pretty much all of them, regardless of race, creed or color.

Q3 - Getting off this stupid fixation with skin color, and learning to judge each person on their individual character, strengths and weaknesses.  Learn to be respectful of others, but not at the expense of our own dignity and worth..

No comments: