Saturday, December 10, 2016

Baxter

Baxter and I got back from the vet a few minutes ago. Here's what I sent to Jen and friends:
Got Baxter to the vet this morning. He confirmed what I suspected, Baxter is blind. His pupils are responsive to light. which suggests that there was, possibly, a stroke.
We're doing a full blood workup to see if something suggests itself. At his age (17), the likely candidate is kidney issues, followed by a thyroid problem. The goal is to reduce blood pressure, and get his weight back up (he's down to 7 lbs).
The vet suggested an ophthamology consult. But I can't see Baxter wearing glasses.
Should have the results Monday.
Sigh.
Baxter helping me in the office, about a year ago.

1 comment:

Dan Patterson said...

Sorry to hear about your catbuddy's troubles. Good site; I am a lurker but enjoy the read. Keep up the good work.