Thursday, February 9, 2017

Blog Stats

I don't often look at the statistics for my blogs, but the last few time I have, I've noticed that my traffic has increased considerably. I have no objection to this, mind you, but it puzzles me a bit.

Looking at the "All Time" stats overview, we have this:


You'll notice the two ginormous spikes in traffic, one last summer, and one starting around Thanksgiving.

I shan't bore you with the trend for the last month, but I do want to show you what's been happening on a weekly basis.




The site gets these regular spike, regular in both size and interval. And it looks like they take the weekends off.  Looking at the monthly stats, tings seem to be trending downwards. Whatever the cause, it has just about doubled my hit count since last summer, going from somewhere around 35k to almost 80k.

It's a mystery.


No comments: