Monday, May 31, 2021

Memorial Day

As I've gotten older, I've dabbled in family history, mostly my Dad's. I have copies of the pictures below, but they are in the original monochrome.  

One of my cousin's sons has taken up the colorizing bug, I got copies.

Dad and Uncle Jordan survived the war, which I guess makes their holiday Veterans' Day, but they are both gone, so I think Memorial Day is fitting.

Thank you to my Dad, all of my uncles, and everyone who served.


SSG George Webber


CPT Jordan Webber


Jordan and Dad

I did a little mental math to get a swag on when these may have been taken. Jordan didn't enlist until '43, so I'm guessing '44 at the earliest, maybe '45.

That would make Dad about 26 or 27, Jordan about 19 or 20.

Dad was a supply sergeant somewhere in the Pacific Theater, Jordan trained to fly P-38 Lightnings for areal reconnaissance in Europe.

No guns. The idea was the P-38 was faster than anything the Germans could put up.

The war was over before he completed training.

No comments: