Monday, March 5, 2012

Reading List

I got a comment on the old post about the NPR reading list, and responded back with an e-mail.  Then, I thought to my self, "Self, post your own reading list."

I enjoyed the movie "League of Extraordinary Gentlemen", based loosely on a comic book of the same name.  What tickled my brain about it was that all of the main characters were from various 19th and early 20th century novels:  Alan Quartermain, Captain Nemo, Tom Sawyer, Mina Harker, Ishmael, "M", Dr. Jekyll/Mr Hyde, Dorian Grey, and the Invisible Man.

Up to that point, I had read 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea, Tom Sawyer, Dracula, Sherlock Holmes, and Moby Dick.  So, in the summer of 2004, I hit Amazon for the titles I hadn't read:

King Solomon's Mines (Alan Quartermain) by H. Rider Haggard

The Invisible Man, by H. G. Wells



And, for completeness, the ones I'd read (in italic, just to be different)


Dracula, by Bram Stoker,

Moby Dick by Herman Melville

Sherlock Holmes, by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

The Adventures of Tom Sawyer by Mark Twain (Samuel Clemens)

Which ones have you read??

No comments: