Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Feeling Gerard's Pain

When I got the "bad ware" alert from Firefox/Google about the comments section on one of the posts are Gerard's site, I sent him a e-mail by way of a heads up, and we had a little conversation  (bottom-up post order):

Condolences.
 
On September 1, 2013 at 11:37 PM Gerard Van der Leun wrote:


I'm working to fix it and eradicate the code the bastards snuck in.
On Sun, Sep 1, 2013 at 3:17 PM, leelu <lawebber@cwassociates.net> wrote:

Got this on my Firefox browser when I clicked the comments ;ink on the Michelle's shower curtain dress comment link:

 


 

Maybe Bill got miffed about something?? 
But, when I saw this post this morning:
My apologies. This is a very annoying time. Fixing this issue takes, I have found, lots of digging with the superb staff at Hosting Matters, a good deal of digging out of code that came in from Croatia, a resetting of all security params, a restore from a backup and then a review from Google.
It is indeed a royal pain.
I felt I should condole him some more.  (Read from the bottom up...)

...sorta sounds like my last divorce. 
On September 4, 2013 at 2:16 PM Gerard Van der Leun wrote:
It takes, I have found, lots of digging with the staff at Hosting Matters, a good deal of digging out of code that came in from Croatia, a resetting of all security params, a restore from a backup and then a review from Google.
 
It is indeed a royal pain.
 
Sigh.
On Wed, Sep 4, 2013 at 11:14 AM, leelu <lawebber@cwassociates.net> wrote:
STILL at it!?  Wow... that shit is nasty.
 
Have you tried re-generating the dilithium crystals??
 
"When is leelu not in trouble?"
Korben Dallas
 I suspect he would appreciate prayer in any denomination at this point.  It does sound as if he's getting good support at Hosting Matters, tho.  Big plus in his favor.

No comments: